Multi-Channel Audio Interface EtherSound
The Multi-Channel Audio Interface EtherSound MCA-ES provides remote control for eight DMI-8 via EtherSound and feeds their digital audio data into an EtherSound network.The most important features of the MCA-ES are as follows:
- Providing a remote control of eight DMI-8 and the connected digital microphones via EtherSound.
- Receiving the DMI-8 audio data via GN format and feeding them into an EtherSound network.
- Synchronizing the DMI-8 with the MCA-ES word clock.
- Automatically synchronizing the MCA-ES to an external synchronization signal (word clock or AES11) as primary master, otherwise to the EtherSound network.
- Support of sampling rates 44.1 / 48 kHz (higher sampling rates on request).
- Providing a control bus (RS 485) for transmitting and processing bidirectional control data. For this purpose Neumann supplies the RCS remote control software for use with a PC or Mac.Operating manualDownloadTechnical Data:
EtherSound ports IN/OUT: 2x RJ 45, ES100 is limited to sampling frequencies of 44.1/48 kHz by the included Auvitran EtherSound module (higher sampling frequencies on request).
GN inputs: 8x RJ 45, DMI-8 audio data using sample frequencies of 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz and power supply for the MCA-ES
MCA-ES Synchronization: Automatically to the EtherSound network connected to the IN port or as primary master of the network to an external word clock or AES11 signal, if present, otherwise the internal word clock generator is activated
Word clock (or AES11) input: BNC, Vin: >100 mV at 75 ohms
Word clock (or AES11) output: BNC, Vout: approx. 1.5 V at 75 ohms (internal word clock generator)
Internal word clockgenerator:: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz/ 176.4 / 192 kHz Accuracy ±25 ppm
Indicators: Power, ES Network Status, Ext Word Clock, Word Clock Frequency, Valid GN 1..8
Control bus: 2 x RJ 45 ports; connection to the DMI-8 respectively the computer USB port via the Neumann USB 485 interface converter; connected in parallel
for the purpose of cascading.RS 485 with additional power-out pin (approx. +11.3 V, max. 500 mA)
Device address (ID): 0 to 15, adjustable via coding switch on the back of the device
Power supply: DC 15 V
Power consumption: < 6 VA
Dimensions: 483 x 44 x 210 mm
- Multi Channel Audio Interface MCA-ES
- Operating manual
- CD with RCS software and USB drivers