www.neumann.com
Forums:
Email:

Forums / Other Topics / Thread
KMS 104 or 104 Plus?
Author: Prajna Vieira
Date: 07/15/2011
I purchased a kms 104 plus last week and it's a special order, scheduled to arrive in about 6 weeks. :( They actually have a 104 in stock, and I am wondering if the difference between them is worth the wait? Should I just get the regular 104, or is the plus version actually better/improved? I understand about the extended bass frequency, I just can't imagine if that's going to be an asset or a liability. Is it possible that the Plus will sound muddy? Or will the regular 104 sound thin? I can't actually find any reviews of the Plus, so it's impossible to compare.

I am a female vocalist with a big range—I sing pretty expressively and use a big belting voice as well as a softer chest voice and soft high head voice. I sing lead with my own group (world fusion, sort of—tablas and other Indian instruments, but it can get quite raucous), but I also sing backup or guest vocals regularly. Right now I sing on a Shure Beta 87a, and I am looking forward to switching to a cardioid mic. I play harmonium on the floor and sometimes need to glance down at my charts. I have sung with other vocalists who had a 105 and 104 respectively and couldn't believe how much richer they sounded compared to my 87a, so I'm very excited and want to be sure I pick the right one.  

Prajna Vieira
07/15/2011
John Willett
07/15/2011
Prajna Vieira
07/21/2011
John Willett
07/22/2011