www.neumann.com
Forums:
Email:

Forums / Other Topics / Thread
U87 Service advise
Author: Javier Alvarez
Date: 09/17/2013
Dear fiends at Neumann,

I am the proud owner of a U87i mic which dates back to 1978. I am writing to you seeking advise with regards to having my microphone checked by an authorised Neumann centre. I live in Merida in Mexico, so I contacted Senheisser Mexico through your website , who in turn directed me to a company in Mexico City called Grupo Diez. http://www.grupodiez.com.mx/index.html

I decided to give them a call. I spoke to someone in the Service Department who, when I mentioned my U87, said that Neumann spare parts were difficult and expensive to obtain and not always necessary, but "...you I should send in your microphone anyway..."

As you can imagine, this last remark (too casual for my taste) made me very nervous as I would like to be a 100% certain that my microphone will be repaired to authorised standards and with original parts if so required.

Is this is a reliable/authorised service centre? In Mexico, I am sad to say, one cannot trust just anyone, specially when it comes to service. I am an artist, not an engineer and, of course, I may be wrong. Certainly I don't want to be unfair or to step on anyones toes, but I would like to make sure that my microphone will be properly looked after.

I would be very grateful if you could advise,

Yours sincerely,

Javier Alvarez  

Javier Alvarez
09/17/2013
Uwe Sattler/NeumannUSA
09/17/2013
Javier Alvarez
09/17/2013