www.neumann.com
Forums:
Email:

Problem with the TLM 103 D
Author: Kevin
Date: 09/30/2012
I just recently purchased a tlm103 d microphone for home studio use. Yesterday I hooked it up for the first time and connected it to my mbox 2 via s/pdif and ran it into logic. It worked fine for about 10 min. I didn't change or do anything and then I just realized that the blue LED on the mic was off and I was no longer getting signal. It is now a day later and I still can't get it to work.

1. I am using the s/pdif connection kit. I tried plugging it into 5 other outlets in my house that I know are working but still no blue light.

2. I am connecting the mic to the connection kit with a mogami gold studio 25 foot xlr cable. According the to manual this should be fine. I am not using an AES cable because the distance isn't that far. This should be ok?

3. I have disconnected and reconnected the mic to the cable, the cable to the connection kit, the plug into the wall etc. many times.

Any ideas?

*update

So to eliminate the cable as a variable I replaced it with a shorter version of the same type of xlr. Still not working however when I plugged the cable I was originally using back in it just now started working again. The only thing I think I did differently was that I connected the xlr to the mic first then the connection kit. I suppose it could be a fluke and maybe my connection kit has a short in it.

**update 2

Just as soon as I finished typing the first update I picked up the connection kit and saw the light go off and can't get it to come back on again. Usually if something has a bad connection I would think i could wiggle the wires and see it flash on and off but it is either on or off. strange  

Kevin
09/30/2012
Martin Schneider/Neumann
10/02/2012
Kevin
10/02/2012
Martin Schneider/Neumann
10/03/2012
Kevin
10/04/2012
Martin Schneider/Neumann
10/04/2012