www.neumann.com
Forums:
Email:

Neumann NSM Power Supply Transformer
Author: William Takatsuki
Date: 10/14/2013
I am repairing a NSM power supply that has a bad power transformer. The high voltage winding is shorted and is causing the fuse to blow.

I have a copy of the schematic that was supplied by the owner, but the printout is so bad I cannot read any of the small print. I don't know if you have a better version of the schematic or if you can at least supply me with enough information that I can find a suitable replacement or have the original one rewound correctly. If it is possible, I would like to know what the voltage and current ratings for the two secondary windings should be.

In addition, this supply has been repaired/modified at some earlier time, having had all of the filter caps replaced and the original Stabilyte cells removed and replaced with a Zener diode circuit for the filament supply section.

Having read the many posts here on the forum, I understand that the high voltage supply should be set for 120 volts dc and the filament should be 4 volts dc. Do you feel that it would it be better to replace the Zener filament circuit with a more modern regulator circuit?  

William Takatsuki
10/14/2013
Martin Schneider/Neumann
10/14/2013