The KMS series: Reference Class Studio Sound For the Big Stage
The KMS series links two worlds: it makes the delicate, silky condenser sound suitable for the stage in a sturdy package. At the same time, all the three microphones of the KMS series double as ingenious companions in your home studio. More...
Premium Package: That's all there*
- Exclusive "10 year warranty certificate" for your microphone (More)
- "Recording secrets for the small studio" (460 pages, english)
- Trendy shoulder bag from Neumann.Berlin
- High quality notebook from Neumann.Berlin
- Notice: shipment will be separate from the product and shipped directly from the Neumann.Berlin headquarters. Therefore the delivery time can be up to 12 business days.
*This campaign ends on November 29, 2017
More about the KMS Series
While live microphones usually operate with dynamic capsules, we designed the KMS series as “studio sound for the stage”. That’s why we chose condenser capsules. Due to their construction they capture the voice more vividly, with greater detail and a wider frequency response. This uncolored high definition sound doesn’t only convince on stage, it also delivers reference class sound in the home studio for vocals, acoustic guitars, and brass instruments with superior elegance and transparency.
Three Versions for a Tailor-Made Solution
The KMS 104 and KMS 104 plus are coming with a cardioid pattern which perfectly attenuates sound from the rear; the KMS 104 plus has a more prominent bass range and is especially optimised for female Rock and Pop voices. The supercardioid pattern of the KMS 105 attenuates sound from the sides and the rear, which makes it optimally suited for loud stage environments. All versions share a remarkably uncolored off-axis response – a great advantage, especially for in-ear monitoring on stage.
- Neumann sound with full stage capability
- Precise reproduction of speech and vocals with excellent intelligibility.
- Cardioid/supercardioid directionality with high feedback resistance
- Uncolored off-axis response
- Vocals and voice on stage and in the home studio
- Voice recording for broadcast/film dubbing
- Applications with a high risk of feedback
Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
Directional pattern: Cardioid/cardioid/supercardioid
Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 4.5 mV/Pa
Rated impedance: 50 ohms
Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 28 dB
Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 18 dB-A
Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 66 dB
Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76 dB
Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 150 dB
Maximum output voltage: 12 dBu
Supply voltage (P48, IEC 1938): 48 V ± 4 V
Current consumption (P48, IEC 1938): 3.5 mA
Matching connector: XLR3F
Weight: approx. 300 g
Diameter: 48 mm
Length: 180 mm
1) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
2) measured as equivalent el. input signal
The KMS microphones are available in silver and black. They are delivered with a matching stand clamp, packaged in a smart road-ready cushioned nylon bag. A microphone stand is not part of the delivery scope. An adapter for all common microphone stand threads is included.