Small Mic – Huge Sound
So small, so compact: When you see the TLM 102 for the first time, you might underestimate it. But when you hear it for the first time, you will be overwhelmed. The reason: when it comes to its technology, our smallest is a big player. More...
Premium Package: That's all there
- Exclusive "10 years warranty certificate" for your microphone (More)
- "Recording secrets for the small studio" (460 pages, english)
- Trendy shoulder bag from Neumann.Berlin
- High quality notebook from Neumann.Berlin
- Notice: shipment will be separate from the product and shipped directly from the Neumann.Berlin headquarters. Therefore the delivery time can be up to 12 business days.
More about the TLM 102
We developed the TLM 102 as an universal talent for vocal and instrumental recordings. Its finely tuned sound signature especially accents the area of 8 to 12 kilohertz which is crucial for human voices. The recordings get a silky elegance which is typical for large diaphragm microphones; the voice gets a noble presence in the overall mix. Suddenly, there’s a natural, organic separation between your vocal and your acoustic guitar, for example. Nevertheless, the TLM 102 remains easy to handle and deals masterfully with critical consonants or sibilants: It has an integrated pop shield.
High Volume? No Problem at All.
The TLM 102 also processes extreme volume and jumps in dynamics without distortion. That makes it an excellent choice for miking loud amps and drums. Our “baby” reproduces sound pressure levels of up to 144 dB (e.g. very loud trumpet at a distance of 10 cm) with great clarity: open, detailed, with powerful bass and refined treble.
Talking About the Price
The TLM 102 stands for legendary sound at an unheard of price. We remodeled the production and omitted rarely used functions (such as pattern, pad, and low cut switches). When you hear the TLM 102, you’ll immediately notice what we did not omit: the Neumann sound, which remains faithful to its big role models.
TLM: Clear Sound, Powerful Bass
Our TLM series works with a transformerless output stage. This means: a clean and direct sound, very “close” to the acoustic source, and a powerful bass transmission all the way down to the lowest frequencies. Its transformerless output stage also makes the microphone resistant to electromagnetic fields and minimizes transmission losses.
- Easy handling for vocal and instrumental recordings
- Distortion-free sound even at extreme sound pressure levels
- Slight treble boost for silky vocals (independent of music genre)
- Built-in pop shield
- Neumann quality at an affordable price
- Vocal recordings in your home studio
- Miscellaneous instrumental recordings, even with loud signal sources, such as amps, drums and wind instruments
- Singer/Songwriter: great separation between acoustic guitar and vocal
- Easy to position, even in tight spaces
Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
Directional pattern: Cardioid
Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 11 mV/Pa
Rated impedance: 50 ohms
Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 21 dB
Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 12 dB-A
Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 73 dB
Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 82 dB
Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 144 dB
Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3.5 mA
Matching connector: XLR3F
Weight: approx. 210 g
Diameter: 52 mm
Length: 116 mm
1) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
2) measured as equivalent el. input signal
The TLM 102 is available in nickel and black with a swivel mount. We also offer sets with a color-matching elastic suspension to protect the microphone against rumble and impact noise.
The swivel mount and elastic suspension serve to mount the microphone on a microphone stand. The microphone stand is not part of the delivery scope. An adapter for all common microphone stand threads is included.