Professional Tool For Your Home Studio
In 1997 we surprised quite a few ears with our large diaphragm microphone TLM 103. Its technical performance set new standards and, for the first time, the Neumann sound became affordable for private customers, too. More...
Premium Package: That's all there*
- Exclusive "10 years warranty certificate" for your monitor (More)
- "Recording secrets for the small studio" (460 pages, english)
- Trendy shoulder bag from Neumann.Berlin
- High quality notebook from Neumann.Berlin
- Notice: shipment will be separate from the product and shipped directly from the Neumann.Berlin headquarters. Therefore the delivery time can be up to 12 business days.
*This campaign ends on November 29, 2017
More about the TLM 103
The extremely quiet self-noise of the TLM 103 is regarded a milestone until today. In technical terms: a noise level of just 7 dB(A). In other words: the TLM 103 is so low noise that even the faintest nuances become audible. Thus, it is perfectly suited for vocals and audio drama productions in high definition as well as for demanding samples production and instrumental recordings.
Once the Small Brother – Now a Modern Classic
We equipped the TLM 103 with a very broad presence boost in the area of 6 to 15 kilohertz which helps the voice to cut through the mix. The TLM 103 offers everything demanding users could wish for: nuanced vocals with precise reproduction of sibilants and excellent speech intelligibility. The sound character of the TLM 103 cannot deny its origin: Its role model in the development process was our U 87, which is regarded the reference microphone in studios around the globe. After almost two decades, the TLM 103 has become a modern classic itself which sets new standards with its characteristic presence and its extremely low self-noise.
TLM: Clear Sound, Powerful Bass
Our TLM series works with a transformerless output stage. This means: a clean and direct sound, very “close” to the acoustic source, and a powerful bass transmission all the way down to the lowest frequencies. Its transformerless output stage also makes the microphone resistant to electromagnetic fields and minimizes transmission losses.
- Sound design inspired by the legendary U 87
- Broad presence boost, perfect for demanding vocal and instrumental recordings
- Extremely low self-noise, captures even the faintest nuances
- Vocal recordings with great presence and high definition
- Voice recordings, audio drama productions, noise recordings
- Instrumental recordings with finest nuances
Acoustical operating principle: Pressure gradient transducer
Directional pattern: Cardioid
Frequency range: 20 Hz ... 20 kHz
Sensitivity at 1 kHz into 1 kohm: 23 mV/Pa
Rated impedance: 50 ohms
Rated load impedance: 1 kohms
Equivalent noise level, CCIR1): 17.5 dB
Equivalent noise level, A-weighted1): 7 dB-A
Signal-to-noise ratio, CCIR1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 76.5 dB
Signal-to-noise ratio, A-weighted1) (rel. 94 dB SPL): 87 dB
Maximum SPL for THD 0.5%2): 138 dB
Maximum output voltage: 13 dBu
Supply voltage (P48, IEC 61938): 48 V ± 4 V
Current consumption (P48, IEC 61938): 3 mA
Matching connector: XLR3F
Weight: approx. 450 g
Diameter: 60 mm
Length: 132 mm
1) according to IEC 60268-1; CCIR-weighting acccording to CCIR 468-3, quasi peak; A-weighting according to IEC 61672-1, RMS
2) measured as equivalent el. input signal
The TLM 103 is available in nickel and matte black with a swivel mount. We also offer sets with a color-matching elastic suspension to protect the microphone against rumble and impact noise.
The swivel mount and elastic suspension serve to mount the microphone on a microphone stand. The microphone stand is not part of the delivery scope. An adapter for all common microphone stand threads is included.