THE KH 750 DSP AND THE NEUMANN.CONTROL IPAD® APP
By combining the KH 750 DSP with the freely available iPad® app (version 3.0 or newer), the subwoofer becomes the intelligent control center of every Neumann stereo setup. In addition to the KH 80 DSP, the KH 120, KH 310 and KH 420* analogue monitors now also benefit from the DSP power of the KH 750 DSP.
The iPad® connects to the subwoofer via a standard IP network with an Ethernet cable between the router and subwoofer. The stereo pair receives the analog audio signal directly from the subwoofer. The system offers the following functions in the setup/adjustment phase:
- Manual Alignment – expert users have complete freedom to adjust an 8-band fully parametric equalizer, levels and the time-of-flight delay in each loudspeaker/subwoofer as they wish. Manual Alignment can also be used to edit Guided Alignments in a more detailed way.
- Individual X-Over optimization between the subwoofer and the connected Neumann monitors, depending on the monitor model used.
- DSP-based phase linearization of the connected analog Neumann studio monitors for an even more transparent sound image.
- Use of the digital inputs (S/P-DIF and AES3) of the subwoofer for the entire system
- Lip sync delay for the complete setup
After setup, the iPad® can be removed if necessary; the settings are permanently stored in the subwoofer.
During operation, the iPad® offers:
- Switching between different setups and alignments
- Volume control, saving and recalling volume presets
- Dim, Solo, Mute, Mute all
The app also allows the logo brightness and standby level/time of the KH 80 DSP to be set.
* A combination of the KH 750 DSP with the KH 420 is also possible, but the maximum possible sound pressure level is reduced when operating in bass management mode.