DSP power for all
The compact KH 750 DSP is the ideal choice for smaller rooms and smaller studio monitors. It has a unique and flexible Bass Manager (2.0/0.1), analog and digital inputs, four routing modes and adaptable acoustical controls to be used in many different configurations.
The optional Neumann.Control iPad® app gives access to many additional functions. This includes the possibility of aligning Neumann monitors, that are connected to the subwoofer, to the room using the patented "Guided Alignment" and controlling the entire stereo system. This also includes analog* monitors. Detailed information can be found below.
More about the KH 750 DSP
The newly designed 10” long-throw driver has a large magnet, linear motor design and a very stiff pressed steel basket. As subwoofers are usually placed on the floor, a robust grille protects the driver from accidental damage. The well-braced cabinet is a sealed designed which brings the fastest possible transient response.
The two analog XLR inputs are balanced as are the two analog XLR outputs. The 192 kHz / 24-bit digital input can accept AES3 and S/P-DIF signals. There is a bypassable standby function and the switch-off time can be adjusted in the Neumann.Control iPad® app.
The KH 750 DSP can be used in music, broadcast, and post production studios for tracking, mixing, and mastering.
*This includes KH 120 A, KH 310 A, as well as KH 120 D and KH 310 D if the analog signal inputs are used.
The KH 750 DSP and the Neumann.Control iPad® app
By combining the KH 750 DSP with the freely available iPad® app (version 3.0 or newer), the subwoofer becomes the intelligent control center of every Neumann stereo setup. In addition to the KH 80 DSP, the KH 120, KH 310 and KH 410** analogue monitors now also benefit from the DSP power of the KH 750 DSP.
The iPad® connects to the subwoofer via a standard IP network with an Ethernet cable between the router and subwoofer. The stereo pair receives the analog audio signal directly from the subwoofer.
The system offers the following functions in the setup/adjustment phase:
- Guided Alignment – a patented process where you are asked simple questions about the room and the loudspeaker/subwoofer position, the app adjusts the response of each loudspeaker/subwoofer accordingly.
- Manual Alignment – expert users have complete freedom to adjust an 8-band fully parametric equalizer, levels and delays in each loudspeaker/subwoofer as they wish. Manual Alignment can also be used to edit Guided Alignments in a more detailed way.
- Individual X-Over optimization between the subwoofer and the connected Neumann monitors, depending on the monitor model used.
- DSP-based phase linearization also between the drivers of the connected analog Neumann studio monitors for an even more transparent sound image.
- Use of the digital inputs (S/P-DIF and AES3) of the subwoofer for the entire system
- Lip sync and time-of-flight delay for the complete setup
After setup, the iPad® can be removed if necessary; the settings are permanently stored in the subwoofer.
During operation, the iPad® offers:
- Switching between different setups and alignments
- Volume control, saving and recalling volume presets
- Dim, Solo, Mute, Mute all
The app also allows the logo brightness and standby level/time of the KH 80 DSP to be set.
**A combination with the KH 420 is also theoretically possible, but not optimal from an acoustic point of view.
- Increasing the bass extension of the monitoring system
- Increasing the maximum SPL of loudspeakers
- Decreasing harmonic and intermodulation distortion of loudspeakers
- Reproducing the LFE channel
- Reproducing the “Sub” signal of a bass managed multichannel source
- Working as an extension for KH line subwoofer systems
Free field frequency response: 16 Hz … 800 Hz, ± 6 dB
Free field frequency response: 18 Hz … 750 Hz, ± 3 dB
Self-generated noise (with input gain set to 100 dB SPL for 0 dBu): < 20 dB(A) SPL at 10 cm
Bass capability: Max. SPL in half space at 3% THD at 1m (averaged between 50 Hz and 100 Hz): 105.0 dB SPL
Input: Analog: 2 x XLR, electronically balanced, Digital: BNC (75 Ω): AES3; S/P-DIF
Controller design: Digital, active
Crossover frequency, slopes: 80 Hz fixed or 60 ... 100 Hz via Neumann.Control, 24 dB/oct; 4th order
Output power woofer amplifier (THD+N with limiter deactivated: 10%): 256 W
Mains Power Supply, voltage; frequency: 100-240 V~; 50/60 Hz, with standby
Woofer: 265 mm (10") with protecting black metal grille
Product dimensions (height x width x depth), mm (inches): 383 x 330 x 383 mm (15 1/8" x 13" x 15 1/8") Product weight: 19.5 kg (43 lbs)
- 1x KH 750 DSP
- 3x Mains cable (European, UK, US versions)
- 1x Getting Started Quickly Guide
- 1x Safety and Warnings booklet
- KH 750 DSP D G 508296
Subwoofer with 2.0/0.1 Bass Management, digital controller, analog and digital inputs, metallic anthracite (RAL 7021), EU, UK and US mains cables.
- KH 750 DSP D G CCC 506837
Subwoofer with 2.0/0.1 Bass Management, digital controller, analog and digital inputs, metallic anthracite (RAL 7021), CCC mains cable.
Detailed product information incl. diagrams and downloads are available at neumann.com.
WARNING (for California residents only): This product can expose you to chemicals including lead, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects and other reproductive harm. For more information go to: www.p65warnings.ca.gov.